Monday, February 9, 2009

CHUCK CLOSTERMAN and the word "DOPE"


A products exclusivity is directly proportional to its social cachet, which is the definition of a calculated adult coolness.

When I say calculated adult coolness, Im referring to the kind of coolness that generally applies to people between the ages of nineteen and thirty-six. This is different than mainstream coolness and aging hipster default coolness, both of which reflect an opposing (and sort of pathetic) consumer aesthetic.

THERE IS A STRETCH IN EVERYONES EARLY ADULTHOOD WHERE THEY CAN CHOOSE ( OR CHOOSE AGAINST) CREATING THIER OWN PERSONALIZED VERSION OF NONPOPULIST COOL, WHICH MAY ( OR MAY NOT) SUCCEED.

This is accomplished by embracing semioriginal, semielitist cultural artifacts that remain just out of reach to those who desire them.

All of that and more was written by CHUCK CLOSTERMAN.

for some weird reason...even tho I like all of those sentences and pretty much agree...I think it'd be nice if I thought he was cool...but maybe he is cool because he isn't or maybe it should be cool enough that he has written for GQ,The Washington Post, and this book that I LOVE.

Therefor I'll give him DOPE...for his mind.

Which reminds me...I switched all of my lingo into that one word....

"DOPE"

I don't know why.

After all my years of living and watching how YOUR word somehow becomes WORLDWIDE and is no longer yours...I gave up on creating lingo...
Then I did that thing where I took words that I thought were super corny and began using those, for instance : thats "TIGHT"

Now...I just use DOPE...I dont know what it means...I dont care...It means nothing to me...Sometimes I use it to imply that I like something...Sometimes just because people like to hear that something they like is DOPE...

lol...people people people.....dope is a word for a drug....drugs are not cool....so maybe i've been telling you that somethings not cool when I say "thats DOPE" and I was just undergroung dissing you ...WHO KNOWS lol...but should life and words be this complicating?

well here I go........



FUCK WORDS

everythings dope for now tho


-chulo

No comments:

free stats