Friday, May 30, 2008

kanye, t.i, and 50's reaction to the hottest mc's list- chulo

Possibly the three biggest MC's in the game overall spoke with MTV about MTV's latest 'Hottest MC In The Game' List. Kanye West (ranked #1), T.I (ranked #10) and 50 Cent (ranked # 8) all chimed in separately with their thoughts."They talk about the [Hottest] MC list," a Kanye West told the audience at the United Center show he was performing. "I don't know if y'all heard about this. But I brought the Grammys home for y'all. And now I brought that #1 spot home for y'all. 'Cause every time I rhyme, I rhyme for y'all. Everything I do, I do for y'all. Chi-Town in this b---h. Chi-Town on the map. Chi-Town King of rap, and Lupe got my back."West continued backstage."Ah man, that's dope. ... No, seriously ... That's really, really, super dope.



"T.I, who's legal troubles partially kept him out of the limelight this year, spoke with Ed Lover about the list."I didn't take it personally, you know," T.I told Ed Lover. "I think it had a lot to do with the fact that when they was putting the list together, I didn't have any music out. At the time when they was judging how hot people were, I was on house arrest. I ain't trippin'," Tip added. "They gonna have to do another list. Jeezy is the homie. Everybody else on the list is the homie. I tip my hat and salute everybody else who made the list. I was just with [Andre 3000] last night. He was like, 'I appreciate it. I appreciate still being acknowledged, you know.'"



50 Cent however was not as thrilled with the list."I shouldn't even be on that list," 50 said. "To be honest, I shouldn't even be categorized with them [other MCs on the list]. It doesn't even matter. Look at the people who are actually creating the list. None of them have made a hit record or [borne] the pressure of doing it."50 went on to suggest that former MC's choose the next list."Not necessarily the artists now," 50 continued. "Artists who have previously created hit records, that understand the art form. You got a bunch of people who, because they interviewed rappers, they feel that they know. Because they read XXL or The Source. They don't understand."

more @ hiphopgame.com

No comments:

free stats